Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tom's Cookbook Introduction

Tom’s Cookbook Introduction

*

If you are someone who doesn’t understand cooking and would like a framework for analysis to understand how to cook this series is for you. If you are someone who would like to improve your home cooking this series is for you. The methodologies I will describe next will take awhile to ingrain into your daily life but when you do you will be able to cook better than you ever thought you could. You will impress your family and friends again and again and gain an understanding of how to make things quickly from simple ingredients. You will develop a healthy diet and pride in yourself for this accomplishment.

*

You will come to learn and appreciate good cooking and learn one of the best consumer skills you can have and for the first time in your life you will make things you enjoy yourself and are proud to serve.

*

It is important to think tasty when you cook in the kitchen. If you want to learn how to become a good cook, when you are eating something think of how it tastes and how it might taste if you combine it with something else or cook it in a different way.

*

After you make a recipe it is important to validate the success of your recipe after the fact. This is an important step and in doing so you should annotate your recipe with key consideration you might make next time.

*

Try and figure out what went into the complex flavors of foods not prepared by you and then verify if you were right with your idea of what ingredient was in it. And then ask yourself what can you add or subtract from this meal next time you make it.

*

As part of this learning try and copy what they do on food shows in your own way per your tastes or manners. Don’t be afraid to try and make stuff like they do (famous chefs) and try and change it to accommodate your own now finely developed tastes.

*

Write down the ingredients you used after you have eaten and if it is good and have your family rate the recipe also.

*

Doing an analysis of what the health properties are of spices makes for an interesting and beneficial routine. Be sure to do this also.

*

Be proud time and again to serve a meal of a certain type that you make differently each time and hear your family say that it is the best they’ve ever had.

*

These ideas serve as a starting point or blueprint for success. You may also translate them into other aspects of your analysis and learning framework of life.

*

Stay tuned for general tips on cooking styles, specific recipes and more.

*

God Bless

*

Thomas Murphy

Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my Blogs. My name is Thomas Murphy and I love the forest and wildlife areas of Wisconsin and would like to share my thoughts and the pictures I have taken of the natural areas of Wisconsin. Come share in my collection of what I feel to some of the finest scenes and images of the forests, lakes, rivers and marshes that Wisconsin has to offer. I like to go to pristine and secluded areas where nature resides quietly and I feel the resulting “lost” images are profoundly unique. I am usually “in the moment” when I take these pictures. When I say in the moment I mean a sense of excitement often precedes what my eye captures through the camera. I never stage these shots but seem to be in the right place and time when I shoot them. And when I transfer them from my camera and view them on my computer screen I realize a sense of surrealism that resonates with me yet again to the time they were taken and exemplify the beauty of nature. Please peruse my sites and experience the beauty of being there as I did. WWW.ThomasMurphy.lifepics.com